2009 Autumn Graduation
Posted by Dr Serena Coetzee on 29 Apr 2009, 15:11 (last modified on 29 Apr 2009, 15:45)
Congratulations to all the students who graduated at the Autumn Graduation ceremony on 20 April 2009. In total 46 BSc (6 distinctions), 16 BSc Hons (3 distinctions), 6 MSc (5 distinctions) and one PhD IT degrees were awarded:
BSc CS distinctions: Leo Ackerman, Jennifer Brewster, Hanno Combrinck, Theunis Kotze, Dolan Paul and Rudi Penzhorn
BSc Hons distinctions: Ronell Alberts, Johann Fourie and Andrich van Wyk
MSc distinctions: Renico Koen, Charles Neethling, Mandy Northover, Mario Poggiolino and Pierre Rautenbach
PhD IT: Adele da Veiga
In addition, 21 B IT (2 distinctions) and 23 M IT (5 distinctions) students graduated.
Four students each received an achievement award:
Ali Sadeghi: Accenture Prize for the best final year student in the B IT degree.
Andrich van Wyk: Roelf van den Heever/EPIUSE Prize for the best student in Computer Science
at Honours Level.
Rushka Venter: Microsoft Third Year Computer Science Prize for the best female student in Computer Science at 300-level.
Anton Laurens: Dariel Solutions Prize for the best Honours Project in Computer Science in the module SPE 780.
- Registration deadlines
- ICSE 2010 Warm Up Workshop
- CIRG did it again!
- Computer Science student publishes book
- Another book by one of our students
- Standard Bank IT Challenge
- IEEE SEFM 2008
- Standard Bank IT Challenge: Congratulations to the CS Team!
- UP Exceptional Achievers 2009-2011
- SIT Sport Day
- International visitors at FASTAR/Espresso
- Double collaboration with Germany
- International visitor at CIRG
- Exam Timetable
- Project PumaScope 2009: Do you want to be part of it?
- Winning team at the Standard Bank IT Challenge
- Prof Kourie honoured for 20 years as SACJ editor
- International Workshop on Formal Methods and Agile Methods
- International Workshop on Finite-State Methods and Natural Language Processing
- Good bye Prof Judith Bishop!
- Gurdeep Hura visits the department
- Imagine Cup SA - Registrations now open
- African News Monitor
- How to review a research paper
- Visit to City of Tshwane’s Traffic Signals Control Centre
- Dr Serena Coetzee takes over Polelo leadership
- Extension on deadline for discontinuation of modules
- DC3 Digital Forensics Challenge
- Third year project day
- COS 301 project day on Thursday, 22 October
- 4th place for first years in 2009 Regional ACM ICPC
- DC3 Digital Forensics Competition
- South African address standard launched
- SESENA 2010 – Workshop on Software Engineering for Sensor Network Applications
- New Research Sub-Group for Software Science and Formal Methods
- School of IT T-Shirts
- 2010 Registration
- Welcome to the department in 2010!
- Industrial collaboration on model-driven software engineering (MDE)
- Last day of cancellation of modules
- Workshop on Formal Methods and Agile Methods
- Guest lecture by Eric Allender - Tue, 23 Feb in IT-4-58
- 2009 Third year class photo
- Jaco Swanepoel excels in DC3 Digital Forensics Competition
- Establishment of a Centre of Excellence in Uganda
- 'Tuks 4' Team in finals of Standard Bank IT Challenge
- UPDATED: 2009 Third year class photo - Collection
- 2nd date for collection of the 2009 class photo postponed
- CIL 121 Winter School
- GIS as a forensic tool by Peter Schmitz
- Postgraduate student impresses at joint SIGiST-JCSE Seminar
- Prof Engelbrecht receives 2010 UP Exceptional Achiever Award
- Guest lecture by Prof Kurt Geihs
- June 2010 Exam Timetable
- Research reinforcement from Germany
- Computer Science Research Workshop
- Computer Science students honoured at the SIT Prize Giving Ceremony
- 2011 Bursary and student support opportunities
- Photos of the SIT Prize Giving Ceremony
- Public lecture by Fritz Solms at the JCSE
- Bernardt Duvenhage gets award at Afrigraph 2010
- First workshop of the South African/Poland research cooperation in Wroclaw, Poland
- SIT Sport Day, 29 October 2010
- Congratulations to Dr Patricia Lutu!
- IEEE Student Branch at UP
- Manfred Nagl visit, 27 and 28 October
- Konrad Zuse and Lothar Collatz commemorated
- Roelf van den Heever receives prestigious award
- Holger Schlingloff visit, 1-3 November
- Invitation to Project Day 2010
- Annual Project Day
- Prof Bruce Watson's second PhD thesis
- Third International Workshop on Formal and Agile Methods
- Computer Science Alumni
- Open lectures: Adam Iwaniak and Tomasz Kubik, 17 Feb
- Deleting of all home folders
- Bobby Anguelov receives 'Eric Dybsand Memorial AI Scholarship'
- Students succeed in InformatiCup international CS competition
- Hons.-Students win 2nd Prize at German InformatiCup
- Invitation to presentation by Dr Fred Cohen
- Computer Science Research Workshop
- GUEST LECTURE BY ANTONIO CERONE ON FORMAL METHODS FOR HCI
- PumaScope has a new sponsor
- Project PumaScope expands
- ZaCon III
- Apply for a position as a Teaching Assistant
- Runners-up in SABS Essay Competition
- Prof Graham Kendall visits Department
- COS301 Project Day Photos.
- Prof Hein Venter receives award
- Hacking for Humanity
- First South African Workshop on Software Architecture
- 2011 Computer Science group photo
- SSFM Research Group will organise First South African Workshop on Software Architecture 2012
- Stefan Gruner co-organises the FormSERA Workshop 2012 with International Top Experts
- Seminar on nature inspired techniques for avoiding congestion in wireless sensor networks
- UP CS student in final six of m2work challenge
- Ms Fasan receives Google Scholarship
- PumaScope 2012: How you can help the community
- Tuks Team Secures 2nd Place in Standard Bank IT Challenge Finals
- Profs Kourie & Watson publish book on Provably Correct Software
- Oluwasola Fasan selected as L'Oreal-UNESCO women in science regional fellow
- Derrick Kourie receives SAICSIT award for Pioneering Role in Promoting Computer Science
- COS-301 Project Day
- Paul Black presents seminars on Quantum Computing and Testing
- We require assistant lecturers for 2013
- 2012 class photo available
- VIOPE Game Programming Contest
- Apply for Honours 2013
- Honours Seminar Day
- 7 Feb: Design of User-Centric Interfaces
- 7 Feb, 14h00, IT 4-64: Seminar on Design of User-Centric Interfaces
- Seminar, 7 Feb, 15h00, IT 4-64: Towards Smart Pervasive Environments
- CSIR Master and Doctoral Studentships
- MSc defense: An integrated digital forensic process model framework
- Seminar on "Evolutionary approaches to solving dynamic optimization"
- Seminar: Freedom of Expression and the Human Brain
- SSFM co-organizes Formal Methods and Software Engineering Workshop
- Joint Digital Forensics Initiative provides Opportunities to Students and Research Staff
- The Standard Bank IT challenge is here!
- 25 April: Fund raising concert: "We are the Champions"
- Step-Up Technology Innovation Competition
- PumaScope 2013: How you can help the community?